Sedation Dentistry in Crest Hill, IL
If you want to feel more relaxed and at ease during dental surgery, sedation dentistry is a great option. This process uses medication to help you relax while in the dental chair. Although our team is proactive in ensuring comfort during every procedure, there are times when sedation is an effective solution to minimize anxiety and stress during the treatment.
We offer several levels of sleep sedation during your dental surgery:
- Minimal Sedation: You are awake during the treatment but feel very relaxed. Examples in dentistry include “laughing gas” that helps you relax and wears off quickly.
- Oral Sedation: The dentist gives you a medication that you take before the appointment. This pill makes you drowsy for minimal sedation, or a high dose can be used for moderate sedation.
- Moderate Sedation: This type of sedation is sometimes known as conscious sedation. Even though you are awake, you might not remember much of the treatment, and medication levels are high enough to cause your words to slur.
- IV Sedation: IV sedation brings you deep enough to sleep, but you still can be awakened because you are on the edge of consciousness. The benefit of IV sedation is that the surgeon can adjust the sedation levels as needed during the appointment.
- Deep Sedation or General Anesthesia: You are sleeping so deep that you are in a state of unconsciousness. General anesthesia causes you to be deeply asleep, making it difficult for you to wake up before the effects of the anesthesia wear off.
Additionally, a local anesthetic is used on the surgical site to minimize your discomfort as you come out of the sedation.
If you are interested in sedation dentistry, then talk to our team at Soltani Periodontics & Implant Dentistry to learn more about the right procedures for your individual needs.
We Accept Most Insurances
We work hard to make the process of paying for your dental care as simple as possible! Soltani Periodontics & Implant Dentistry accepts all PPO insurance plans, and we file your insurance for you so the benefits will come directly to us. We accept Delta Dental, Metlife, Cigna, Blue Cross BlueShield, Guardian, United Healthcare, and more!